In Reply to: Re: Does She Qualify? Well...here is WCSV... posted by SBFTV on April 7, 2001 at 23:12:28:
Ocean cruisers are outside my area of messabout interest, but a 24ft that has done as well for her crew as could be asked is SERAFFYN, made famous by Lin and Larry Pardey, and a Lyle Hess design, too.
She seems to come up for sale every couple of years, so a bit of cruising fame could be gotten by flapping your checkbook.
Surely the VERTUE class, just a bit bigger, has made more successful difficult voyages than any other design near her size. There are literally dozens of designs that would work well for ocean voyaging, some smaller than your size base.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Does She Qualify? - RBP 00:47:17 04/05/01 (9)
- Re: Does She Qualify?Pic again - RBP 01:18:26 04/11/01 (2)
- clean those fenders you bilge rat nt - Capt. Bligh 01:57:36 04/21/01 (1)
- Re: clean those fenders you bilge rat nt - RBP 20:49:04 04/26/01 (0)
- Quit playing with your dinghy!!!! - will 21:38:14 04/07/01 (0)
- Re: Does She Qualify? Well... - SBFTV 22:54:59 04/05/01 (4)Follow Ups
- Re: Does She Qualify? Well...here is WCSV... - mrsimms 00:55:26 04/09/01 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.