In Reply to: Re: Does She Qualify? Well... posted by RBP on April 6, 2001 at 04:00:49:
Playing with dinghys aside (get a 'grip' Will...!), and taking your post, RBP, at face value: Here is a World Class Sailing Vessel from the board of Lyle C Hess and may still be produced by the yard of Sam L Morse Co 1626 Placentia Ave Costa Mesa CA 92627. The vessel is Lyle's Bristol Channel Cutter... The Stats: LOA 37'9", Length on Deck 28'1" (a bit longer than the 24' foot requested), Beam 10"1", Draft 4'10", Disp. 14,000#, Sail Area 673 sq ft. Here is a fast--7 to 8 knots--24 hours a day in the Trades, an easy motion, and the ability to circumnavigate the world. Lyle has produced plans for a 29' LOD Bristol Channel Cutter to be constructed in wood. I believe an article in WoodenBoat mag., a few years ago, showed one constructed by the Pardey's... Also, a Canadian BCC was produced in glass (not quite the supurb effort of the Morse Co.) and 1 to 3 seem to show up for sale in the Seattle area from time to time... Anybody else have a 'fave' 24 footer?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Does She Qualify? - RBP 00:47:17 04/05/01 (9)
- Re: Does She Qualify?Pic again - RBP 01:18:26 04/11/01 (2)
- clean those fenders you bilge rat nt - Capt. Bligh 01:57:36 04/21/01 (1)
- Re: clean those fenders you bilge rat nt - RBP 20:49:04 04/26/01 (0)
- Quit playing with your dinghy!!!! - will 21:38:14 04/07/01 (0)
- Re: Does She Qualify? Well... - SBFTV 22:54:59 04/05/01 (4)
You can not post to an archived thread.