In Reply to: Does She Qualify? posted by RBP on April 5, 2001 at 00:47:17:
At the turn of the last century, when the era of huge steam powered ships was in full swing, a 'small boat' was considered anything around a 100 feet! When sailors began crossing the great oceans in 30 foot (plus or minus) boats--when individuals did not recreate in open water--the thinking of the day was these folks where crazy. For the purpose of the SBF web site, we might follow the example of these early 'small boat' adventurers and use about 30 feet as an appropriate limit...
Having said that... This vessel is curvaceous with flair and flam in the bow sections, a figurehead (bow art), a walk around pilot house deck, and more class (moderator's humble opine) than the smoked out glass floating condos. So what dinghys are on the upper stern deck? Guessing the designer.... Mmmmm.... Bill Garden?
RBP, thank you for you post and pic. Be sure to keep us informed on your Flying Scottsman project!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Does She Qualify? - RBP 00:47:17 04/05/01 (9)
- Re: Does She Qualify?Pic again - RBP 01:18:26 04/11/01 (2)
- clean those fenders you bilge rat nt - Capt. Bligh 01:57:36 04/21/01 (1)
- Re: clean those fenders you bilge rat nt - RBP 20:49:04 04/26/01 (0)
- Quit playing with your dinghy!!!! - will 21:38:14 04/07/01 (0)
- Re: Does She Qualify? Well... - SBFTV 22:54:59 04/05/01 (4)Follow Ups
- Re: Does She Qualify? Well... - SBFTV 22:54:59 04/05/01 (4)
You can not post to an archived thread.