After 40 years I'm ready to build my second wooden boat. Does anyone have experience with or knowlegde of the Arch Davis Jiffy 22? It is a 22' flat bottomed, O/B cabin skiff that is styled after a downeast lobster boat; http://www.by-the-sea.com/archdavisdesign/davis_jiffy22.html
I thought that it might be fun to have a big skiff that I could kick around in and this looks like it might be fun to build. I'd be using the boat mostly for in-shore fishing, exploring the islands of Boston Harbor, and possibly doing the Erie Canal. What are your thoughts on this boat and a project like this for a guy that is a fair wood worker, but hasn't built a boat in a long time?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Arch Davis Jiffy 22?? - Seagull 16:54:56 12/26/02 (6)
- Re: Arch Davis Jiffy 22?? - SEAGULL 04:49:39 01/03/03 (1)
- HM 18...Plywood Composit Construction... - Thom V 06:42:51 01/06/03 (0)
- Build the Arch Davis Jiffy 22...? - Thom V 17:15:50 01/01/03 (3)
- Build the Arch Davis Jiffy 22...Flat Bottom or V-Bottom? - Thom V 18:18:09 01/01/03 (2)
- Re: Build the Arch Davis Jiffy 22...Flat Bottom or V-Bottom? - usfish 16:31:41 06/21/03 (0)
- How about building Bolger's "Champlain"...? - Thom V 16:58:49 01/11/03 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.