The Wine Asylum, the leading Internet destination devoted to the enjoyment of wine.
|For Sale Ads|
Use this form to submit comments directly to the Asylum moderators for this forum. We're particularly interested in truly outstanding posts that might be added to our FAQs.
You may also use this form to provide feedback or to call attention to messages that may be in violation of our content rules.
Posted by mkuller on January 1, 2019 at 19:42:27:
Wine Tasting Group Holiday Party and Chardonnay Tasting
12 of us including our wives tasted 6 chardonnays, 2 from France and 4 from California. Low points wins.
6. 2016 Ropiteau Bourgogne $19 - 54pts - 1 first, 6 lasts - most identified as French, floral nose, light, a little fruit (my #3).
5. 2016 Foley Johnson $20 - 45pts - 1 first, 2 last - very sweet, buttery.
4. 2017 Louis Jadot Macon Villages $18 - 44pts - 1 first, 1 last - most identified as French, light, not much fruit, more like a sauv. blanc.
3. 2017 Malm Reserve Sonoma $14 (Costco) - 41pts - 1 first - pretty good, a little sweet.
2. 2016 Chacewater Lake County $24 - 35pts - 3 firsts, 1 last - light, a little fruit, bland (my #1).
1. 2017 Kendall Jackson Winemaker's Block Monterey $20 (Total Wine) - 34pts - 5 firsts, 2 lasts - nice fruit, more complex, light, had an off flavor in the finish after it warmed up (my wine).
The top 2 wines were one point apart with 12 tasters. Either one would be a good choice.