In Reply to: Re: Seahawk II Motor Mount fittings posted by Jerash on April 26, 2004 at 10:10:26:
The Sevylor motor mount does have adjustable arms, but after I bought it I realised that they are not long enough to reach the 360 degree oarlocks on the Seahawk II, which are placed somewhere in the centre of the side tubes of the raft. The motor mount arms fall roughly a foot short. Did you by any chance fit it on the Seahawk Sport 400? That particular model has the appropriate fittings.
If you meant that you fit them through the flexible rubber oar holders, I would appreciate it if you could send me instructions on how you did that.
I have already bought the motor mount, but am trying to figure out a way to fix it on the raft. I don't have very many tools to work on any kind of attachments.
I too made the bench seat like the Seaeagle type. I'm now thinking of attaching the motor mount to that. Then I'll tie the seat to the central oarlocks.
I'd appreciate any help on this.
What did you pay for the 2 h.p. motor?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Seahawk II Motor Mount fittings - rafter 13:56:52 03/25/04 (9)
- Re: Seahawk II Motor Mount fittings - Jay crowdus 18:37:51 06/23/04 (0)
- Re: Seahawk II Motor Mount fittings - Jerash 08:04:58 04/07/04 (5)
- Re: Seahawk II Motor Mount fittings - rafter 14:22:17 04/16/04 (4)
- Re: Seahawk II Motor Mount fittings - Thom V 16:37:07 03/25/04 (1)
- Re: Seahawk II Motor Mount fittings - rafter 06:41:25 03/26/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.