Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I'm enjoying the Lokius

and it reminds me a lot of my SAE 2800 Parametric EQ that I upgraded.

The Lokius is not a "True" EQ like the 10, 12, or 15 band EQ's from back in the late 70's or early 80's. Each control seems to cover a wider band than a normal EQ kind of like a Parametric but not exactly.

The thing I love about the Lokius it doesn't get in the way like the other EQ's I mentions. It's really transparent and switching it in and out there is no difference or degrade to the music. It's like its not even in the system, this is what really surprised me the most when I first got it. Most EQ you can tell right away if they are on or off and really degrade the source.

I was going to purchase a SPL Audio Parametric that is used the studios but that was big chunk of change, so I just went with the Lokius and glad I did.

Another thing is I don't get up and change it for every tune or LP or cd that I play. I just set it and play almost all my music without having to constantly fiddle with it. There are a few LP's from the 60's that need some help that is the only time I have to fiddle with it (Electric Flag), but I enjoy making those LP's better listening. Also I will listen to most poorly record sources due to the music content not its sound, If the band is good and the music is groovin... I will still listen to and appreciate the what the artist are playing but making it sound better does help the listening session.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.