The Wine Asylum, the leading Internet destination devoted to the enjoyment of wine.
Message Sort: Post Order or Asylum Reverse Threaded
Turley Wine Pick-Up Party...
|Posted on October 29, 2018 at 16:15:32|
Location: SF Bay Area
Joined: April 22, 2003
...in Amador on Saturday for 2 hours.
Whole lamb on a spit roasted. Fresh pizza. Indian food. A band.
And terrific zinfandels - my favorites of the ones they were pouring:
1. Dusi - everyone's favorite. Fruit forward and lighter. Very drinkable.
2. Mead Ranch - not as fruit forward. A little bigger and more complex.
3. Old Vines - poured out of magnums. Nice balance of fruit and spice.
4. Turley Estate - very good.
5. Dr. Bell - not as fruity or as good as the others.
6. I also tasted the Rattlesnake Petite Syrah (one of three they had) but I'm not much for petite syrahs.
7. They were also pouring out of their library. I had a 1999 Hayne zin $95 that was surprising good but ready to drink right away, like in the next 24 hours, the girl said.
The Dusi was $50 and the rest were in the $40s. I didn't get the years on the wines but they were all current releases, probably 2016s.